- Please see Wikia:Licensing for details of the licensing on this wiki.
- Warning! Information below may be outdated or incorrect.
All text on the Doom Wiki is freely licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). Authors who do not agree to the terms of this license should not contribute to the wiki. Previously published text may be re-used only if written permission is obtained (e-mail is acceptable) and posted to that article's talk page. Edits which look like plagiarism will be reverted.
Image copyrights are more complex (as is well known on Wikipedia), and Doom Wiki does not pretend to be an authority on copyright law. Our current policy is that:
- Screen shots of commercially released games can be used under "fair use".
- Screen shots of PWADs can be used under "fair use" as long as the maps themselves contain no material of dubious copyright status.
- Map views extracted from WADs can be used under "fair use", provided they contain no raw graphics lumps.
- LMPs and PWADs, when uploaded by their creator, can be licensed under the GFDL provided that no incompatible license or contract is already in place.
Other types of images are discussed on a case-by-case basis (see our image uploading policy).
See also Wikia copyrights, which applies to all Wikia.