Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Track name||Levels||MIDI||Possibly based on or inspired by|
|At Doom's Gate||E1M1||d_e1m1||Metallica - "No Remorse"1|
|The Imp's Song||E1M2||d_e1m2||Metallica - "The Thing That Should Not Be", also similar to Judas Priest "Heavy Metal"|
|Dark Halls||E1M3||d_e1m3||Slayer "Criminally Insane"|
|Kitchen Ace (And Taking Names)||E1M4||d_e1m4||Pantera "Rise", similar to Helmet - "Unsung"|
|On The Hunt||E1M6||d_e1m6||Believer "Sanity Obscure"|
|Demons On The Prey||E1M7||d_e1m7||-|
|Sign Of Evil||E1M8||d_e1m8|
|Hiding The Secrets||E1M9||d_e1m9||Alice in Chains "We Die Young" (the drumming in particular is identical, albeit faster)|
|I Sawed The Demons||E2M1||d_e2m1||AC/DC "Big Gun", comparable to Helstar "Burning Star" and Accept "I'm a Rebel"|
|The Demons From Adrian's Pen||E2M2||d_e2m2||Metallica "The Call Of Ktulu", also comparable to Devil Doll "Mr. Doctor"|
|Intermission from DOOM||E2M3||d_e2m3||Pantera "Regular People (Conceit)"|
|They're Going To Get You||E2M4||d_e2m4||-|
|Sinister||E2M6||d_e2m6||James Horner "Going After Newt", similar to Candlemass "Gothic Stone"|
|Waltz Of The Demons||E2M7||d_e2m7||Camille Saint-Saëns "Danse Macabre"|
|Nobody Told Me About id||E2M8||d_e2m8||-|
|Untitled||E2M9||d_e2m9||Pantera "Mouth For War"|
|Donna To The Rescue||E3M2||d_e3m2||Judas Priest "Leather Rebel"|
|Deep Into The Code||E3M3||d_e3m3||Slayer "Behind The Crooked Cross", also comparable to Saxon "Heavy Metal Thunder"|
|Facing The Spider||E3M8||d_e3m8||S.O.D. "Sargent D & The S.O.D.", also comparable to Slayer "Silent Scream" and Venom "Red Light Fever"|
|Intermission from Doom||Title Music||d_intro2||-|
|The End Of DOOM||Victory Music||d_victor||-|
|Sweet Little Dead Bunny||Endgame Music||d_bunny||-|
- Exactly which song "At Doom's Gate" is based on has been disputed, because this style of riff was hugely popular in 1980s heavy metal. It is mostly agreed that the chorus riff of Metallica's "No Remorse" was the song Prince was trying to emulate. However the riff, almost verbatim, is also featured in D.R.I.'s "Hooked" from their 1987 LP Crossover, while Metallica's "Master of Puppets" has a similar riff and is also suggested. A similar sequence is heard in "The Family Ghost" by King Diamond (the approximately 2:05 into the song). Slayer's "Behind The Crooked Cross" at 1:08, Blackmayne's "Twilight Of Lear" from their 1985 LP Blackmayne, Aria's "Это Pок" (English: "This Is Doom" or "This Is Fate") from their 1985 debut album Мания Величия (English: Megalomania) are also possible, as well as Bathory's Sadist. Also similar riff can be heard in Yngwie Malmsteen's "Caught in the Middle", Judas Priest's "Painkiller" at the beginning, Grave Digger's "Get Away" and Warlock's "Metal Racer" at 1:54.
- The Doom IWAD file includes two title screen MIDI lumps, d_intro and d_introa. The latter is used when using OPL MIDI playback (ie. on an Adlib or Soundblaster card).
- Doom II music
- Unused Doom music
- Final Doom TNT music
- Final Doom Plutonia music
- Doom Music (album)
- The Dark Side of Phobos
- Steve Rot's Doom Tribute
- Doomworld.com page about Doom music
- Doom Covers, an article at Doomworld in which a few samples of Prince's music are compared with his sources (it should be noted E3M8 is compared to the wrong song)
- Thread about remastered Doom and Doom II soundtracks, from the Doomworld forums
- Doom music synthesized and converted to MP3s
- Classic DOOM 3 Original Mod Soundtrack SonicClang's remake of the music from Knee Deep in the Dead.
- Youtube Playlist of Music Doom covered