Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Doom the Way id Did is a 2011 megawad for Doom containing 27 new levels designed to mimic the mapping style of John Romero, Sandy Petersen, and Tom Hall. The project was founded by Hellbent as a community project and later led by a core group consisting of Ellmo, Esselfortium, Xaser, Marnetmar, and St. Alfonzo who oversaw the map selection and finalization process. The project also features artwork by Kracov and an optional soundtrack by Mr. Freeze.
DTWID's official development cycle lasted sixteen months (or forty-two months counting the very first incarnation of the project). The project was met with a warm reception upon its official release, which was intentionally scheduled on Doom's 18th anniversary. On February 2, 2012, an update, version 1.1, was released, bringing new art for the intermission maps, fixing a few map bugs, and amending the credits list.
Because of the extremely large amount of maps submitted to the project, a second release for 'runner-up' maps that didn't make it into the final project is planned but has not begun official compilation. A sequel, Doom II the Way id Did, has been released; and an update, Ultimate Doom the Way id Did, is planned after completion of the sequel.
Knee-Deep in the Dead (Episode 1)
- E1M1: Communications Bridge by Michael Mancuso (esselfortium)
- E1M2: Military Bunker by Nick Laurent (hobomaster)
- E1M3: Fuel Synthesis by Michael Mancuso
- E1M4: Treatment Plant by Jason Root (Hellbent)
- E1M5: Engineering Bay by Jacob Zuchowski (ellmo)
- E1M6: Reactor Complex by Nick Laurent
- E1M7: Logic Core by Trevor Primmett (iori)
- E1M8: Transport Facility by Jacob Zuchowski
- E1M9: Excavation Site by Stuart Rynn (Stewboy)
The Shores of Hell (Episode 2)
- E2M1: Receiving Station by Xaser Acheron
- E2M2: Filtration Compound by Michael Mancuso and Xaser Acheron
- E2M3: Rec Facility by Captain Toenail
- E2M4: Mental Ward by Jacob Zuchowski
- E2M5: Deimos Command by Mike Alfredson (Use3d)
- E2M6: Foundry by St. Alfonzo
- E2M7: Ore Processing by Brendt Pantley (Megalyth)
- E2M8: Vault by Marcaek and Michael Mancuso
- E2M9: Nebulous Origins by Trevor Primmett
Inferno (Episode 3)
- E3M1: Abyssal Stronghold by Jacob Zuchowski
- E3M2: City of Corpses by Walter Confalonieri (daimon)
- E3M3: Malebolge by Henri Vuortenvirta (Icytux)
- E3M4: Torture Chambers by Captain Toenail and Jason Root
- E3M5: Chapel of Scorn by Paul Corfiatis
- E3M6: Depths by James Cresswell (Phobus)
- E3M7: Inner Sanctum by by Jacob Zuchowski
- E3M8: Core by Processingcontrol
- E3M9: Lake of Fire by Christopher Lutz