- This level occupies the map slot E3M4. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E3M4.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Directly south of the first room is a concave wall. Open the middle of the wall east of this area to find a plasma rifle. (sector 11) Press the skull on the wall to reopen the door if it closes before you leave.
- The door used to access secret #1 also counts as a secret. (sector 12)
- The passage to the teleport pad leading outside counts as a secret. (sector 54) It is lined with nine health bonuses.
- The teleport pad in secret #3 is also considered a secret. (sector 53) It is thus unreachable, as there is no way to step onto the pad without teleporting away.
- The passageway containing the switch which allows access to the yellow key is flagged as a secret. (sector 102)
- The space directly in front of said switch is also marked as secret. (sector 101)
- The first, unlit space of the passageway to the E room counts as a secret. (sector 127)
- The lit portion of the passageway to the E room counts as a secret, too. (sector 128)
- The cage from where the imps attack you in the passage to the E room is also marked as a secret. (sector 125) There is no way to enter the cage, and so this secret is unreachable.
- The pit that the passage to the E room curves around also counts as a secret. (sector 131) Press the wall at the south of the pit to raise the floor and escape. On skill 4 or higher, you will find two boxes of ammo here. Note that on skill 3 or higher, you may have trouble entering this secret, as one half of each opening into the the pit is blocked by a barrel.
- The window immediately south of secret #10 counts as a secret. (sector 175) It cannot be reached, as you can neither climb nor fit through the window.
- The room seen behind secret #11 counts as a secret, as well. (sector 174) It is likewise unreachable, as there is no way to enter the room.
- The E room counts as a secret. (sector 130)
Four of the secrets are unreachable; as a result, only 69% Secrets is possible.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||10:43||Mike Toliver||2001-06-21||serenmt.zip|
|UV -fast||8:13||Never Again||2001-11-25||seren_na.zip|
This map contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Radiation shielding suit||1||1||1|
|Box of bullets||2||2||7|
|4 shotgun shells||2||2||2|
|Box of shotgun shells||4||5||15|
|Red skull key||1||1||1|
|Yellow skull key||1||1||1|
Inspiration and development
An early version of this map appeared as E2M2 of the collection "Nathrath's Fab Four" (NATHRATH.WAD).