Ultimate Doom maps
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
|The Shores of Hell|
- This level occupies the map slot E4M5. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E4M5.
E4M5: They Will Repent is the fifth map of Thy Flesh Consumed in The Ultimate Doom. It was designed by Tim Willits, with the original layout created by his sister, Theresa Chasar. It uses the music track "Waltz of the Demons".
The map title comes from Luke 16:30: "No, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent".
Fight your way down the stairs and through the door, turn right and take the first door to the right. Kill everything in this room, then find the red key in the corner. Go through the red door, fight your way down to the lava, then quickly grab a radiation suit and groove on up the stairs. Take out the baron (if playing on UV) and jump down one of the breaks in the corridor to its left (where the soul sphere is). Follow this corridor, killing the lost souls, jump across to the platform with the demons, then across again to the next platform, then jump through the window next to the yellow door and hit the exit switch.
- Go through the red door in the same room where the red key is found. In the following area, open the 45-degree-angle wall to reveal a small secret closet.
- Just before the yellow door is a narrow river of blood you must cross. Follow this to the left and open the gargoyle-faced wall. Open the wall to the left (with the gap in the bottom) in the next small room to get a berserk pack.
- When you enter the room with the red key from the south entrance, the pillar to your right can be lowered for a box of rockets.
Routes and tricks
- It is possible to exit the level without the yellow key by running straight through the window to the exit switch (if you plan your movement carefully, you can pick up the BFG-9000 this way too). It is also possible to exit the level without picking up the blue key by running to the soulsphere.
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:25||Adam Hegyi||1999-07-25||u4m5-025.zip|
|NM speed||00:32||Adam Hegyi||1998-08-09||n4m5-032.zip|
|UV max||02:14||Radek Pecka||2001-12-07||u4m5-214.zip|
|UV -fast||03:06||Anders Johnsen||1999-04-08||f4m5-306.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:54||Radek Pecka||2001-12-07||r4m5-154.zip|
|UV Tyson||03:48||Anders Johnsen||2002-11-21||t4m5-348.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:30||Vaclav "Bolton" Kunes||2001-11-12||p4m5-030.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||0||0||1|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
- The map mistakenly uses the wall FIRELAV2 (which is identical to FIRELAV3) which is not animated, like FIRELAVA. Because of this, the waterfalls of blood look "frozen".