Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ultimate Doom maps
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
|The Shores of Hell|
- This level occupies the map slot E4M9. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E4M9.
This is the only map of episode 4 whose name isn't taken from any specific biblical passage (though it does indeed appear in The Bible a full 528 times). The level that follows this is E4M3: Sever the Wicked, effectively making this "E4M2.5".
After clearing out the starting area, go south up the stairs into the building, and find and press the two switches to lower the barriers in the north of your starting point. Take the right path and find a narrow catwalk in the water with the yellow key on it. Carefully jump across to grab the key (the water isn't damaging, however, the teleporter will take you to the southern room in the middle of a horde of enemies) and walk back and jump back onto the path. With this done, simply fight your way north until you find the exit doors.
- Once in the large circular room in the south, go through the door to the west and continue right up the stairs. After passing through the next door, turn around and open the differently textured wall just left of it. Inside is a berserk pack.
- Open the wall directly across from the exit switch to get a backpack.
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:09||Marijo "Sedlo" Sedlic||2000-05-16||u4m9-009.zip|
|NM speed||00:09||Thomas "Panter" Pilger||1999-06-04||n4m9-009.zip|
|UV max||02:19||Radek Pecka||2003-03-11||u4m9-219.zip|
|UV -fast||03:06||Chris "Ryback" Ratcliff||2000-11-16||f4m9-306.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:59||Radek Pecka||2001-12-08||r4m9-159.zip|
|UV Tyson||03:49||Radek Pecka||2002-12-05||t4m9-349.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:09||Marijo "Sedlo" Sedlic||2000-05-16||u4m9-009.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||0||0||2|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
- A screenshot from this level is used in the first level of Doom 3 in the Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 arcade game.
- In multiplayer games, it is possible to get stuck in the cage located at the center of the southern egg-shaped area. This is because the switch to lower the cage walls is blocked by a short green pillar decoration that only appears in multiplayer. The only way for the stuck player to get out of the cage is to die and respawn elsewhere or if another player lowers the cage walls from outside of the cage.
- This stage is basically symmetrical.