About the Doom Wiki
This is a wiki, so anyone can create or edit a page. New contributors should read our policies and guidelines and Wikia's tutorial first. If you need help, or want to discuss general aspects of this wiki, visit Central Processing. If you need to do one or more test edits (e.g. you're not sure how a template works), we have a Sandbox specifically for this purpose.
The news board is a place where anyone can post Doom-related news.
Guides and how-tos
- Help pages
- How to download and run Doom
- How to play Doom on Windows XP or later
- Walkthroughs for each level
Doom Wiki needs you!
Not sure where to start? The following things need attention the most:
- Clean up articles
- Add to article stubs
- Create wanted articles
- Complete walkthroughs for all stock levels
- Write about PWADs, especially winners of major awards, or complete unfinished map articles
- Doom editing tutorials
- Doom 3 material
- Add information on Hacx levels, items and weapons
- Complete the Strife levels pages
- Write about Doom II RPG topics
- Review pages marked for deletion or merging
- Review articles with disputed content
- Replace screenshots using an incorrect aspect ratio
- Investigate unclear image copyrights
- Add citations to articles
- If you find an article in Category:People that isn't also in List of notable Doom community people, add it to that list.
- General source material
- Upload images (see the Special:Upload page)
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates
- New articles and files
- Special pages
- The Commander Keen Wiki
- The Wolfenstein Wiki
- The Heretic/Hexen Wiki; this is where Hexen II and related topics may be found.
- The Quake Wiki (for Quake-engine games other than Hexen II and Heretic II).
- Encyclopedia Gamia:The Gaming Wiki
Create new articles
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.