|Doom (2016) maps|
The Foundry is the third level of Doom (2016), the mission involving it called Meltdown.
With the cause of the demonic invasion now discovered, you head to the UAC Foundry, which is not only overrun with demons, but is on the verge of a disastrous meltdown. It is up to you to not only clear out the demons from the Foundry, but reactivate the turbine systems in order to save the Foundry and prevent the facility from overheating.
In addition to your regular opposition, including Possessed, Possessed Soldiers, Possessed Security, and Imps, you will also encounter your first Hell Knights and Hell Razers on this map. In order to progress, you will also have to destroy four Gore Nests and deal with the demons that spawn.
There are six secrets, three Elite Guards, one Field Drone, and one Argent Cell located in this level. Combat effectiveness can be tracked from this level forward, allowing for a maximum of five extra weapon upgrade points to be awarded per level. A secret Rocket Launcher can be found on this level.
- Three Possessed, One Barrel - Kill 3 of The Possessed with one Explosive Barrel.
- Curb Stomp - Perform 3 "Death from Above" Glory Kills on Possessed Soldiers (attack from above).
- Quite the Collector - Find 2 Collectibles.
- The Foundry is the oldest level made for Doom 2016, appearing even in the initial reboot betas of 2012 (albeit slower, linear and more Call of Duty-esque like the original pre-reboot game)
- The Challenge "Three Possessed, One Barrel" is a reference to the infamous shock meme known as "Two Girls, One Cup"