|Doom 3 maps|
- "Welcome to my domain! Behold the shape of things to come. The time has come for the forces of Hell to escape their prison and drive Mankind into darkness. Your darkest fears will soon be realized as your soul burns in Hell! There's nowhere to run. I am everywhere. And you will never find the thing you seek!"
- ― Dr. Betruger to the Marine [src]
Hell is the twentieth level of Doom 3. The player has lost all weapons and ammo through the teleporter. The player must trek through Hell in order to defeat the Guardian (second boss) and retrieve the Soul Cube. The flashlight is unavailable on this level (although it is available in the BFG Edition), but the player has unlimited stamina.
At the very beginning, since you have nothing, turn immediately to the right and grab a Pistol, a Shotgun, and some shells. You'll need those, unless you have balls of steel and can take everyone out with your bare hands (metal).
Go down the pathway in front of you, up the stairs, and into the teleporter after Betruger finishes his speech. As you go up the stairs, you will hear the gargoyles scream to life. Once in the teleporter, you will hear the screams of tortured souls before a cage will form around, as you will be in the there for a while, and suddenly the cage will begin falling and does not stop.
After falling roughly 330 feet (100 meters), the cage will break and you will be released, and a trio of Imps will be revealed. Kill them. After that, a bridge will form, so cross it. Continue down the hellish corridor, and at the end, a Hell Knight will appear alongside some demonic moaning. Kill him, then continue. Watch out for any Cherubs nearby, though. They can easily be identified by their baby-like babbling.
In this room, you can see that there are rooms to your left and right, go into both of them and walk into the pentagrams. You will hear whispers, the walls will shift. Multiple Imps and Lost Souls will spawn. Destroy all Lost Souls and Imps that appear, and don't forget to collect the Chainsaw and Chaingun nearby.
After exiting this set of rooms, you will be out in the open, seeing floating stone platforms that you must jump through. Beware of any Lost Souls that appear, as these can be daring enough to knock you off the platforms to your death, so kill them before they have a chance to decommission you from battle. The platforms lead to another room, and a door nearby opens up to reveal another Hell Knight, who can easily be destroyed with sustained Chaingun sprays to the head. After he is eliminated, more Imps appear. Kill them to open the gate to the next area. A Mancubus then appears. Unless he is killed quickly enough (i.e. with a Chaingun), Cherubs will constantly spawn alongside him. A stone platform awaits behind him with a collectable Plasma Gun placed on top of an orange-glowing pentagram. Once this is collected, you will descend into a green room full of pillars. Immediately in front of you lies the Berserker powerup, which can be collected to help kill all the Imps and Hell Knights that appear.
To be continued...
- Simon Garlick
- Joshua Hebert (Not collectable in normal gameplay)
- Malcolm Betruger (voice only)
- Guardian of Hell (boss)
- Hell Knights
- Lost Souls
- Demon-fied Zombies
Weapons / Items
- Machine Gun (BFG Edition)
- Grenade (BFG Edition)
- Plasma Gun
- Rocket Launcher
- Soul Cube
- Security Armor
- Armor Shards
- Clips (BFG Edition)
- Ammo Belts
- Plasma Cells
- BFG Cell
- All of the weapons that were in the classic Doom games can be found in Hell (with the exception of the Super shotgun).
- At the beginning of this level, when you are caged and then dropped to the ground, you are instantly surrounded by three Imps and bits of ammo on all sides of you. This is very similar to the start of the first level of Episode 3 "Inferno" in Doom 1, which also has three Imps and ammo on all sides of you. (This is assuming that the difficulty setting is on "Ultra Violence" or "Nightmare".)