Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Below is a timeline of Doom-related events.
- October 28, 1967 - John Romero is born.
- August 20, 1970 - John Carmack is born.
- December 14, 1990 - The first episode of Commander Keen (Marooned on Mars) is released.
- February 1, 1991 - id Software is officially formed.
- May 5, 1992 - Wolfenstein 3D is released.
- September 1992 - The making of Doom begins.
- February - Doom 0.2 alpha released privately.
- March - A Doom alpha never released to testers.
- April 2 - Doom 0.4 alpha released privately.
- May 22 - Doom 0.5 alpha released privately.
- October - Doom Pre-Beta demo released.
- December 10 - Doom 0.99 (aka 1.0) shareware is released.
- January 26 - The first version of the Doom Editing Utilities is released.
- March 7 - The first public third-party PWAD, the Origwad, is released.
- September 30 - Doom II is released.
- December 23 - Heretic is released.
- DoomGate, the first Doom news site, is founded.
- April 30 - Ultimate Doom is released.
- June - The first Doom novel is published.
- October 30 - Hexen is released.
- December 26 - The Master Levels for Doom II are released.
- May 31 - Strife and the first version of Quake are released.
- June 17 - Final Doom is released.
- Chex Quest is released in boxes of Chex cereal.
- Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel is released.
- March 31 - Doom 64 is released.
- May 1 - The Doom Music album is released.
- September - Reaper Miniatures releases a line of Doom miniatures.
- October 28 - The Depths of Doom Trilogy is released.
- December 23 - The Doom source code is released.
- Hacx is released.
- January 11 - Raven Software releases the source code for Heretic and Hexen.
- April 20 - The Columbine High School Massacre occurs. The violence of the Doom games are considered by some to be a motivating factor.
- October 3 - The source code for Doom is re-released under the General Public Licence (GPL) by John Carmack, thanks to persuasion by Andrew "Linguica" Stine.
- September - The Ultimate Doom Trilogy: Collector's Edition combination pack is released, incudes all four official Doom IWADs and Doom95.
- October 26 - The Game Boy Advance version of Doom is released.
- January 29 - The Ultimate Doom Trilogy: Collector's Edition combination pack is re-released with Doom 3 promotion material.
- May 6 - Masters of Doom, by David Kushner, is published.
- January 5 - The Doom Wiki begins.
- April 4 - Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil is released.
- September 13 - Doom RPG is released.
- October 18 - Quake 4 is released.
- October 21 - Doom movie premieres in the US.
- Doom: The Boardgame Expansion Set is released.
- February 7 - Doom movie DVD is released, along with a series of merchandise based on it.
- July 11 - Prey is released in the US.
- September 27 - Ultimate Doom is released on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade worldwide.
- August 3 - Every Doom game is released on Steam, along with various Doom and Doom 3 engine games.
- September 28 - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is released.
- February 26 - The first Doom 3 novel, Doom 3: Worlds on Fire is published.
- May 7 - id Software announces that Doom 4 is being developed.
- September 4 - Raven Software rereleases the source code for Heretic and Hexen under the GNU GPL.
- March 31 - The second Doom 3 novel, Doom 3: Maelstrom is published.
- June 26 - Doom Resurrection is released for the iPhone OS.
- August 18 - Wolfenstein is released in the US.
- October 31 - Doom Classic, a port of Ultimate Doom, is released for the iPhone OS.
- February 8 - The sequel to Doom RPG titled Doom II RPG is released.
- May 26 - Doom II is released on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade in the US along with the included new episode, No Rest for the Living.
- September - Ultimate Doom is delisted on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade.
- January 18 - Ultimate Doom is re-released on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade.
- October 16 - Doom 3 BFG Edition is released including The Lost Mission.
- June 10 - The first teaser trailer for Doom 4 makes its début.
- May 13 - Doom (2016) is released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.