Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998|
1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002 - 2003
Icarus: Alien Vanguard is a 32-level megawad released on March 21st, 1996 by TeamTNT. When TNT: Evilution, originally intended to be a freeware release, was picked up for publishing by id Software (in what would become Final Doom), Icarus was developed to take its place. The central theme revolves around the exploration cruiser, Icarus, and takes the player through various planets, portions of the ship, and deadly simulation programs.
The soundtrack team for this megawad was known as MusIcarus and comprised of the following members: Brian Kidby (coordinator), Jeremy Doyle, Jonathan El-Bizri, Charles Li, David Shaw, and Tom Mustaine.
The exits to each level all require a red key to access, and are marked with a sign declaring what type of level the following level will be. The type of levels they are will be listed in parentheses.
- MAP01: Shuttlecraft by Christopher Buteau
- MAP02: Shuttle Bay by John Minadeo (Ship)
- MAP03: Quarry by Ty Halderman (Planet)
- MAP04: Engineering by Jim Lowell (Ship)
- MAP05: Flipside by Mark Snell (Simulation)
- MAP06: P.E.T. Rescue by Gary Gosson (Planet)
- MAP07: Sickbay by Tom Grieve (Ship)
- MAP08: Donnybrook by David "Mentzer" Hill (Planet)
- MAP09: The Moat by David "Mentzer" Hill (Simulation)
- MAP10: Bridge by Ty Halderman (Ship)
- MAP11: Feeding Frenzy by Gregg Anderson (Planet)
- MAP12: Hydroponics by Gary Gosson (Ship)
- MAP13: Asylum by Robert Taylor (Simulation)
- MAP14: Fortress of Evil by Robin Patenall (Planet)
- MAP15: Waste Disposal by Ken Simpson and Jim Kennedy (Ship)
- MAP16: Bootcamp by Mike Marcotte (Simulation)
- MAP17: Bloodbath by Mike Marcotte (Planet)
- MAP18: Cargo Bay by Andrew Dowswell (Ship)
- MAP19: Blessed are the Quick by Rand Phares (Planet)
- MAP20: WarTemple by Rand Phares (Simulation)
- MAP21: Engine Core by Dean Johnson (Ship)
- MAP22: Nightfall by Gary Gosson (Simulation)
- MAP23: Painful Discharge by Brian Kidby (Planet)
- MAP24: The Haunting by Gary Gosson (Ship)
- MAP25: Another Fine Mess by Michael Bristol (Planet)
- MAP26: Weapons Bay by Jim Dethlefsen (Ship)
- MAP27: Starhenge by Ty Halderman (Planet)
- MAP28: Excavations by Steven Phares (Simulation)
- MAP29: Brutality by Mike Ruete (Planet)
- MAP30: Nucleus by Ty Halderman, Brian Kidby, and Jim Lowell (Ship)
- MAP31: Great Balls of Fire by Jim Lowell (Simulation)
- MAP32: Prestidigitation by Ty Halderman (Simulation)