Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This level occupies the map slot MAP02. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP02.
|Icarus maps 01-10|
MAP02: Shuttle Bay is the second level of Icarus: Alien Vanguard. In this level, the player has docked on the exploration cruiser, Icarus, and can now begin their task of eliminating the hellspawn who have infested the ship. It was designed by John Minadeo, and uses the music track "The Search" by David "Tolwyn" Shaw.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- From the first room enter the western door and go straight west until you hit a column. The column (sector 100) to your right (north) has its textures aligned slightly higher than the others. Push it to reveal (an imp on hard skills and) a soul sphere.
- In the room west of the red keycard room, a section of wall (sector 412) in the northeastern alcove has blue paneling. It can be only once temporarily opened for a teleporter leading to the previously inaccessible alcove in the first room, containing a stimpack and a berserk pack.
- In the room west of the one with blue paneling mentioned in official secret #2, open the northern wall's easternmost part to find a green armor.
Because of the way the switch you can press to lower yourself if the elevator rises again is designed, the pillar in secret #1 cannot be activated from its northern side. Use the other sides of the pillar instead.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
As with many other levels in Icarus that have "teleporter" or "begin simulation" exits, a death slide can be performed on this level in the exit hall. Because all of the rocket launchers on this level are multiplayer-only, you must let a monster kill you to pull it off. The easiest way is by manipulating an imp two rooms before the exit hall to follow you, and then throw a fireball at you as you run toward the barrier, with low enough health for it to kill you. If performed correctly, your corpse will slide under the barrier and onto the teleporter, ending the level.
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||01:55||Brad Spencer||1999-06-25||ic02_155.zip|
|NM speed||00:19||Selim "Bastard" Benabdelkhalek||2004-05-13||in02-019.zip|
|UV max||04:58||George Bell||1996-07-12||icuvdemo.zip|
|UV -fast||11:13||Roger Moraga||1997-02-27||icgmdemo.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:43||Graham "Grazza" Burgess||2005-03-03||ic02s043.zip|
|UV max TAS||03:12||Andy Olivera||1999-12-29||icuvlmps.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|