|Doom II levels 1-11|
- This level occupies the map slot MAP02. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP02.
Travel across the river and go up the stairs (A). Open the door. Go left in the small corridor and follow it along. Press the switch. Go back out to the entrance room with the river. Follow the river along to the left until you reach a room with a house and an opening to the sky (B). Follow the walkway along to the end where there is an opening in the house. Use the "run" key to jump the gap into the house. Climb the stairs and pick up the red key, then return to the entrance room.
Go through the same door entered before. Follow the corridor to the other end (C) where there are red key bars. Open the bars and press the switch. Follow the river in the opposite direction to previously. Take the second right turning where there is a grey area of wall with a barrel (D).
You will enter a room with two holes in the floor (E). Take the hole opposite the entrance to the room. You will find yourself in a dark room. Pick up the blue key in this room and go through the door to the next room. Follow this room along to the blue door. Go through the blue door and up the stairs. There is another blue door approximately opposite. Go through this door and press the exit switch (F).
- At the top of the staircase inside the structure the red keycard is found in, open the west wall just south of the alcove the key was resting in. Behind this wall is a small room containing a few sergeants (G), a combat armor vest, and a teleport shortcut back to the start of the level.
- Secret exit [Xbox version only]: after obtaining the red keycard, drop down, and enter the northeast chamber (H) that has just opened. Walk up to the narrow, stone wall in the northwest of this chamber (I), and press on it to be taken to the Xbox-exclusive secret level, MAP33: Betray. The button that allows you to enter this level is active in the Doom 3 BFG Edition version of the map, however, it will simply take you back to the beginning of MAP02: Underhalls.
- There is a blind Sergeant in the room behind the first door near the start of the map.
- Behind the bars locked with the red key, sector 39 (the western monitor) is not "closed", because linedef 312 (the southern border of the monitor) originates along the body of linedef 491 (the southwest wall south of the western monitor) rather than its endpoint. This creates a paper-thin wall at the southern end of the monitor.
- On your way to the blue key, one Sergeant (thing 85) situated near a barrel on a platform south of the main tunnel is immobile due to being partially inside the southern wall.
- The lower sides of linedefs 327, 328, 338, and 339 are all untextured, producing Hall of Mirrors effects if you stand in any of the small pools you fall into when entering the sewer and face outward.
- Thing number 69, a barrel (x=464 y=784) is in a linedef because it had the same Y position.
In the first version of this map, the left alcove of the small room across the river from the start had bars closing it which needed to be opened by the Use key. These were removed from subsequent versions.
Routes and tricksEdit
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:40||Adam Williamson||2001-12-16||lv02-040.zip|
|NM speed||00:45||Juho "ocelot" Ruohonen||2002-12-06||nm02-045.zip|
|UV max||01:07||Radek Pecka||2004-01-15||lv02-107.zip|
|NM100S||00:45||Juho "ocelot" Ruohonen||2002-12-06||nm02-045.zip|
|UV -fast||01:30||Radek Pecka||2003-01-26||fa03-130.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:10||Radek Pecka||2003-01-01||re02-110.zip|
|UV Tyson||03:19||Radek Pecka||2003-12-21||ty02-319.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|