|Other console Doom levels|
- This level occupies the map slot MAP04. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP04.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interestEdit
Exit To Secret Level - Behind the blood waterfall is a teleporter which takes you to the red skull key. Take the teleporter here and climb the small mound with the skull switch, causing a door to open up ahead. On UV, a Cacodemon and some demons are inside. Once they have been defeated, enter here and open the secret door on the right by the candles, then flick the switch to open the door to the left. Flick another switch to open a door beside the first switch and lower some bars. Go through and hit that switch, then go back to the second switch and turn left up the stairs. Lower the elevator here, and sprint across to the secret exit on the opposite side, before the wall shuts. If you fail, simply go back to the elevator again and try again.
- Upon returning to the teleport after the castle approach is clear, press the south wall to the left of the teleporter (as you approach from the castle). It will open to reveal Medkits and an Invisibility Sphere
- After teleporting in to the castle, go round the left corner to find an ambush to your right. Open the back wall for some health bonuses and medkits.
- Along the western side of the map is a long corridor bordering the castle quad. In the room with grating on the east and two red torches on the west, press the wall between the torches to find an Automap and some health items.
- Enter the quad and look towards the southernmost point, you can walk behind the bloodfall. Press against a back wall to find a teleporter which leads to a red keycard.
- Down the bottom of the quad - at it's northernmost point - is a wall in the centre that can be opened. Hit the switch; a door at the top of the quad's steps opens and releases enemies. The door leads to the castle balcony where a Plasma Gun lies waiting.
- Once you've collected the blue keycard, return to Secret 2. Remember the switch at the rear? Hit it, and back out of the alcove. Turn left, and run past the blue keycard platform, taking the first available right-hand opening through where the bars were formerly blocking the entrance. In the far left corner, the wall will be open. Enter and walk up the stairs to find the Supercharge.
- The final secret is activated by crossing the hidden doorway into the Secret Exit chamber, which is at the upper most left part of the map next to the two imps and blue armor.
There are only 7 intended secrets in Hell Mountain; the 8th secret is a mapping oversight in which one normal ground sector was inadvertently marked and released as secret. See here and here. To collect this final "secret" simply walk over the sector like any other secret.
When pointed out to the maps creator, Russell "Castle" Meakim, he replied:
- "How in the world did that get by?? *scratches head* Can anyone confirm if that is also a problem on the 360 version?" ...
- "Yeah its confirmed and noted now. Anyone find anything else like this PM me or Squib ok."
Areas / screenshots Edit
Routes and tricksEdit
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||1||1||6|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|