|Other console Doom levels|
- This level occupies the map slot MAP04. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP04.
All enemies below are based on U.V difficulty
Other points of interest:Edit
Once you have entered the door to the castle a teleporter will appear in the start room. (The door to the castle is the one with that reveals a Baron of Hell when you approach it & once he's defeated, you'll be able to see the Yellow Skull Key on the top of some rocks)
This teleporter makes for a 2nd way in to the castle,although I'm not sure why because you'll end up in the exact same location...the baron mentioned above that will open the door of the castle & thereby reveal the Yellow key will also reveal a door which is the very same door you end up on the other side of if you take the long way back to the teleporter so all I can think is that if you wanna use the invisibility further on then the teleporter might help you get there fast enough to actually use it...
Exit to The Secret Level: MAP09: March of the Demons.Edit
Once you go through the Yellow Door, you'll see a small mound straight ahead with 2 medkits around it, if you look close you might even be able to see the skull switch on top of it. Any way on the East side of the mound there's a wooden side, which is a lift. Press it & ride the lift up to the skull switch,press this & a door will open up ahead,letting a Cacodemon out. Once it have been defeated, enter where it came from and go to the end of the corridor & turn right,& press the wall with the 3 candles,revealing an Imp & a switch,flick it to open the end wall in the corridor but be prepared for the 2 Demons that comes out. Flick another switch to open the wall beside the Imp switch. Go through and hit the last switch,then go back towards the second switch but turn left,where the bars now have been lowered so you can get up the up the stairs. Somewhere on these stairs you'll pass the sensor that lowers the wall to the exit so if you fail return to here. So up the stairs,lower the lift and sprint across to the secret exit on the opposite side, before the wall shuts.
- Upon returning to the teleport after the castle approach is clear, press the south wall to the left of the teleporter (as you approach from the castle). It will open to reveal Medkits and an Invisibility Sphere
- Once you enter the castle (one way or the other) you'll face the yellow door, go round the left corner to find an ambush to your right,facing this ambush you should see a Cacodemon come out from the left side wall (if not it's west/left of the yellow door,between the 2 wodden pillars in the northern wall,press the wall to open it but be ready for the cacodemon) once the enemies are defeated you'll find 8 Health Bonuses and 2 Medkits,& also a switch. (See Secret.6)
- Along the western side of the map is a long corridor bordering the castle quad. In the room with grating on the east,here you'll find 3-4 Imps & a Green Armor. On the west side wall there are two torches, press the wall between them to find a Demon guarding a Computer Map, a Stimpack & 2x4 shotgun shells
- Enter the quad and look towards the southernmost point, you can walk behind the bloodfall. Press against a back wall to find a teleporter which leads to the Red Skull Key.
- Down the bottom of the quad - at it's northernmost point - is a wall in the centre that can be opened. Hit the switch; a door at the top of the quad's steps opens and releases enemies. The door leads to the castle balcony where a Plasma Gun lies waiting.
- Once you've collected the Blue Skull Key, return to Secret 2. Remember the switch at the rear? Hit it, and back out of the alcove. Turn left, and run past the blue key platform, taking the first available right-hand opening through where the bars were formerly blocking the entrance. In the far left corner, the wall will be open. Enter and walk up the stairs to find the Supercharge!
- The final secret is activated by crossing the hidden doorway into the Secret Exit chamber, which is at the upper most left part of the map next to the two Imps and the Mega-Armor. (Blue Armor)
- As mentioned in "Bugs" this map is actually only supposed to have 7 secrets but a mapping overseight has caused a little square to be marked as a secret so to get 100% secrets you'll have to walk across this. (for the specific location see the secrets map)
There are only 7 intended secrets in Hell Mountain; the 8th secret is a mapping oversight in which one normal ground sector was inadvertently marked and released as secret. See here and here. To collect this final "secret" simply walk over the sector like any other secret.
When pointed out to the maps creator, Russell "Castle" Meakim, he replied:
- "How in the world did that get by?? *scratches head* Can anyone confirm if that is also a problem on the 360 version?" ...
- "Yeah its confirmed and noted now. Anyone find anything else like this PM me or Squib ok."
Areas / screenshots Edit
Routes and tricksEdit
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||1||1||6|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|