- This level occupies the map slot MAP05. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP05.
|Congestion 1024 maps 1-10|
MAP05: Autumn in Hell is the fifth map of Congestion 1024. It was designed by Ray Schmitz (shitbag).
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the southeast of the level, one of the skin panels is cut and bloody. Push it, and it will lower to reveal a backpack. (sector 38)
- Southwest of the teleporter is a hole in the wall. Deep within this hole is a switch. Shoot the switch, and a pillar will rise from the nukage just in front of the hole, which functions like an elevator once it stops moving. Use this pillar to access an alcove containing 4 shotgun shells, a box of bullets and a medikit. (sector 59)
- To the east of the red key, approach the stairs, and the wall will lower in front of you, allowing access to a health bonus, a clip and 4 shotgun shells. (sector 129)
This level does not contain a Player 3 start position, preventing cooperative multiplayer games from being played with three players or more. On the other hand, there are two Player 2 start positions, potentially causing a voodoo doll to be generated to the left of player 1.
The switch found at the top of the building stairs (linedef 889) has a garbled texture. This is a nodebuilding error caused by the then-current version of ZDBSP, which occasionally did not write a level's SEGS data correctly.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:21||Eric Baker (The Green Herring)||2009-07-11||2405-021.zip|
|UV max||01:07||Vladimir Monakhov (skepticist)||2009-06-30||2405-107.zip|
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Heavy weapon dude||2||2||2|
|Box of bullets||2||2||2|
|4 shotgun shells||10||10||10|
|Red skull key||1||1||1|