Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This level occupies the map slot MAP05. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP05.
|Mars War maps 01-10|
MAP05: Crash Sight [sic] is the fifth map of Mars War by Nathan Lineback. It uses a MIDI conversion of "intromusic3", the tracker module playing in the intro to the Amiga swapper tool Swappit v3.0, which was developed by the demoscene group Crusaders.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Head to the north of the level, and open the western door. Activate the switch inside and head through the eastern doorway. Take the elevator up, take the red key, and head back to the north of the level. Open the northern door, head inside, and open the red door at the east. Climb up the stairs and activate the exit switch.
Other points of interest
- To the south of where the red key is found is a broken door. Move carefully up to the west side of the door, taking care not to fall into the pit in front of it, until you can open it. Do so, and head through the doorway to access three medikits, megaarmor, a rocket, and a backpack. (sector 73)
- In the nukage room, there is a small platform in the northeast with some exploding barrels and a chaingun. (sector 67)
- At the northwest of the level is a staircase. Climb the staircase, jump the gap, and climb the rest of the stairs up. Take the next right turn, and head forward. Look to the north and you will see a pentagram on the wall. Shoot it to reveal a switch, and activate the switch to open access to a plasma gun. (sector 154) Be sure you have over 60% health before lunging for it, however, or you will be killed by the crushing ceiling above it.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The current records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:31||Graham "Grazza" Burgess||2003-10-22||mw05-031.zip|
|UV max||03:13||Graham "Grazza" Burgess||2003-10-19||mw-lmps.zip|
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Heavy weapon dude||4||5||8|
|Computer area map||1||1||1|
|Radiation shielding suit||2||2||2|
|Box of bullets||1||1||1|
|4 shotgun shells||6||6||6|
|Box of shotgun shells||1||1||1|
|Box of rockets||1||1||1|