- This level occupies the map slot MAP07. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP07.
|Doom 64 maps 01-10|
MAP07: Research Lab is the seventh level of Doom 64. The level is where new weapons technology is researched, and creatures are kept for study, however they have undoubtedly escaped. The level introduces nukage for the first time along with the radiation shield which appears as a bio-hazard sign instead of an actual radiation suit. It uses the music track "Relentless Coil" by Aubrey Hodges - although the track doesn't loop properly, and will eventually stop playing outright, ultimately leaving the player in silence.
- Nighmare Imps
- Lost Souls
- Hell Knights
- From the start of the level, go through the first door. Then go through the first door on your right. Battle the enemies here, then proceed to the next door, but do not go through it. Instead, examine the wall to the left of the door, and you'll open a secret area that allows you to access two of the 'jail cells' in the next room for some ammo and rockets.
- Going from the 'jail cell' room in secret 1, you'll be in a large maze-like room with control panels everywhere. Go past the blue door and L-shaped wall in front of you, and take a right down the first long hall you see. Go past the door on the left and the adjacent hallway on the right, and turn left at the end of the hall. You'll see a green arrow switch, that also happens to be timed. Hit it, and run all the way back to where you came in, by the blue door. There is an alcove here that contains a Megaarmor. Grab it before time expires.
- Find the room connected to the control panel room that contains a Super Shotgun sitting on top of a platform. Use the platform the shotgun is sitting on to get yourself up to the ledge next to it, by getting a running start at it. The control panel closest to the door is actually a fake wall, so once youre up on the ledge, just walk over to the fake wall, go through and grap the Automap.
- After you grab the blue key, stop. (before you fall onto the floor below you) The wall in front of you will open up, reveling a Soul Sphere. If you do fall off, you can still go back and hit the switch in the control panel room to raise the bridge again.
- Go through the blue door, go through the next door in front of it, then go to the opposite end of the next room and ride the elevator to the top. Step off the elevator so it lowers back down. Now look down at the base of the elevator, and youll see a wall that has just opened up. Fall down, go inside and collect the goods.