Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Requiem maps 01-10|
- This level occupies the map slot MAP08. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP08.
MAP08: The Reactor is the eighth map of Requiem. It was designed by Iikka Keränen, and uses the music track "Under Death" by Mark Klem. The objective is to escape from jail, make your way through six floors of a mining facility to reach the titular reactor, and activate its self-destruct sequence.
There is no description provided for this level in both the text file and the Requiem info pack.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the entrance to Floor 1, jump into the ravine. After that, look north to find rusted metal paneling. Push it to activate a lift with a Demon on it (on Hurt Me Plenty or higher,) and take it up to find a hidden room. (sector 56) Press the metal paneling in the east wall to return to Floor 0.
- At the entrance to Floor 2, look south to find a soul sphere. Jump to it to obtain this secret. (sector 52)
- On Floor 4, immediately after crossing the bridge, enter the southern tunnel. Inside the metal room at the end, there are two sets of four panels with grates on them. Push the southeast set, and the other will open to reveal a super shotgun. (sector 162)
At the east of the map, if you run onto sector 333 (a lift with a chaingunner on it) when it lowers, and do not get off before it rises again, you will be unable to escape unless you activate the noclip cheat.
This map is unplayable in multiplayer, as when a player spawns in sector 10 (via thing 35) and attempts to leave the compartment they are in, they will trigger a walkover linedef (linedef 2431) that causes the floors of every untagged sector in the level to rise to their ceilings, preventing anyone from moving. The Deathmatch Repair File created by Steve Terry will remove the action of this linedef and allow the level to be playable.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||06:47||Xit Vono||2002-12-23||rq08-647.zip|
|UV max||09:17||Xit Vono||2001-11-14||rq08-917.zip|
|UV -fast||14:37||Tomas "DeDo" Kollár||2003-08-27||rf081437.zip|
|UV -respawn||11:26||Tomas "DeDo" Kollár||2003-08-31||rr081126.zip|
|UV Tyson||22:31||Xit Vono||2003-02-02||rt082231.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of hell||0||2|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|