Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This level occupies the map slot MAP09. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP09.
|Community Chest 3 maps 01-10|
MAP09: As the Doctor Sleeps is the ninth map of Community Chest 3. It was designed by Paul Corfiatis. The title is a pun, as the level's design is significantly influenced by that of John Anderson, also known as Dr. Sleep.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Near the switch north of the yellow key is a patch of wall at the east that shows up as a different color on the automap. Open it to find a teleporter leading to a supercharge at the northeast of the courtyard. (sector 599)
- At the foot of the staircase to the blue key, there is a wall at the south which has less prominent gaps in one spot. Press on the middle of this wall to find a medikit and a box of bullets. (sector 626)
- To the northeast of the blue key is a flesh and metal wall that appears as a different color on the automap. Jump to it from the platform with the blue key, and open it to find a medikit, armor, a box of bullets, a box of shells, a backpack, and a chainsaw. (sector 623)
- Once you gain access to the cave, start at the entrance into the cave, and take four steps down. Doing this causes a door to open at the northwest of the previous area. Quickly exit the cave and run through the door before it closes to enter a room with a rocket launcher and 15 rockets. (sector 636)
- At the northwest of the last room before the exit, the second column of panels from the west on the northern wall appears as a different color on the automap. It can be opened, leading into a room containing nine energy cells and a plasma gun. (sector 659)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
There are currently no records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Heavy weapon dude||19||24||25|
|Baron of hell||2||2||2|
|Radiation shielding suit||2||2||2|
|Box of bullets||10||10||10|
|4 shotgun shells||39||39||39|
|Box of shotgun shells||0||9||9|