- This level occupies the map slot MAP09. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP09.
|Community Chest 2 maps 01-10|
MAP09: The Transformer is the ninth map of Community Chest 2. It was designed by Christoph "Graf Zahl" Oelckers, and was originally released standalone.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the start of the level, push the wall with the lightning bolt on it to find ten health bonuses, security armor, a box of ammo, and a chaingun. (sector 91)
- In the room where you find the red key, open the piping in the northeast to find an invulnerability. (sector 101)
- In the room where you get the red key, press on the wall with the lightning bolt on it in the southwest to find a winding passageway. Open the door at the end to head outside. (sector 89) Here, you can find four armor bonuses, a medikit, a box of shells, and three boxes of rockets.
- From secret #3, press on the railing of the walkway, and it will lower. Move onto the walkway, and the railing on the other side will lower as well, allowing you to access the grassy area on the other side. (sector 2) It contains four armor bonuses, a box of ammo, a rocket launcher, two medikits, and a radiation suit.
- In the room where you find the blue key, there is a misaligned section of grey paneling on the southwest wall. Press on it to find combat armor. (sector 40)
- In the brown hallway at the north, a section of the northern wall is misaligned and has vertical paneling. Open it to find a passageway with a box of ammo, a box of shells, and a radiation suit. (sector 76) Press the switch at the end to find a nukage-filled area with a soul sphere.
Things 0 and 1, floor lamps in the starting room, are partially wedged into the eastern and western lights, and will flicker in and out of view when seen from different angles.
Thing 90, a sergeant in the eastern work station, is stuck within the back of a chair.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:48||Brian Nesser (Anima Zero)||2004-12-10||c209-048.zip|
|NM speed||00:48||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2004-12-09||C209N048.zip|
|UV max||01:46||Brian Nesser (Anima Zero)||2004-12-10||cc2lmps.zip|
|NM100S||01:07||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2004-12-17||C209S107.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:24||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2004-12-18||C209R124.zip|
|UV pacifist||02:55||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2004-12-11||C209P255.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell|
|Icon of Sin|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|