Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This level occupies the map slot MAP12. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP12.
|Memento Mori II maps 11-20|
According to both the text file and the Infopack:
- Your mission is to enter the area and clear out all remaining enemy resistance. Take out as many demons as you can and move on to the next area.
- Troop #93 Report: Thin walkways over underground rivers make up the majority of this area. The huge underground caverns that make up this area are filled with some of the weaker Hellspawn, but we did see signs that larger demons had been here.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- After opening the first door, clear the opposition, jump into the river and head to the southeast. You will find a small cave (sector 223) containing seven barrels, (skill dependent) two/three/four chaingunners, four stimpacks, a box of shotgun shells and a super shotgun. Use the teleporter outside to return to the ledge.
- Upon obtaining the blue armor, do not use any of the teleporters in front of you. Instead, drop off the southern or eastern side and look to the southwest to find an inset in the wall. Open this to find a secret teleporter, leading to a platform (sector 154) with a soul sphere.
On Ultra-Violence or higher, one of the mancubi (thing 187) in the blue skull key room is hanging partially off two edges of the platform below him, resulting in him becoming immobile, and unable to act until he is killed.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level is one of the few in Memento Mori II which can be completed in under a minute. The first barrier, with the soul sphere on it, can be passed by if you run (or straferun) toward the canyon on the other side from its diagonal edge. This is impractical to perform on Nightmare difficulty, though. In addition, you can slip by the enemy force on your way to the yellow skull key door by treading along the outer edge of the walkway. To avoid needless backtracking, it is recommended to reach the exit by using the eastern teleporter in the combat armor room as you enter it, warping you in front of the now-opened bars and allowing quick access to the teleporter leading to the exit.
In NM100S runs, the quickest way to obtain both secrets is to acquire #2, and then #1. To reach #1 from #2, simply drop off the north side of the platform you teleport on.
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:35||Adolf "Gusta" Vojta||2002-05-29||m212-035.zip|
|NM speed||00:44||Adolf "Gusta" Vojta||2002-08-26||m212n044.zip|
|UV max||03:16||Anthony Soto||2003-02-16||m212-316.zip|
|NM100S||00:52||Adolf "Gusta" Vojta||2002-08-29||m212s052.zip||1|
|UV pacifist||00:41||Adolf "Gusta" Vojta||2002-05-29||m212p041.zip|
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||1||2||4|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barrels||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|