- This level occupies the map slot MAP21. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP21.
|TNT: Evilution maps 21-30|
This is the biggest map in the entire game. As you can see on the automap, it's divided in two big parts:
-A large office building with all three skull keys in the center
-An outside area which is even bigger than the office building and which contains the exit cube
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of Hell||1||1||2|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
You start in the main hallway of the office building, on which are several cages with enemies inside. As soon as you fire a shoot, all the enemies in this hallway (included the ones in the cages) will be alerted to your presence. It's good that you go around the entire corridor to kill all the enemies.
Get the red keyEdit
Once you've got back to your starting spot, you can immediately drop into the central slime pit of the map. If you want to get 100% of everything, find the couple of unmarked doors in the hallway and open one of them. Kill the enemies in the room you've just entered, then find a black banner and open it. You'll be teleported in front of a door in a small passage way. There will be also a door to your left that contains some imps. When you walk towards the door in fron of you, a wall will open in the main hallway revealing a handful of imps. You can backtrack a little bit and kill them now or save them for later, it's up to you. Once you've opened the door in front of you, kill the enemies in a lava room (which is actually a secret area), then find the only door in the section you are in now and open it. On the other side of it is another door that leads to a little pit of poison. Find a switch in it, flip it and pit will rise. When you open the last door again, you'll see that some enemies have been released: kill them. Find another door and open it. Now you are on the balcony around the central pit. Kill the enemies on it and then drop into the slime. The central pillar of the pit will lower, revealing many hell knights. When you step on it, the western pillar will lower. On this pillar you'll see the red skull key and a teleporter.
Get the yellow keyEdit
The teleporter will take you to the room that you have already entered before through the unmarked doors in the main hallway. Exit it, find the red doors, open one of them and kill some more enemies. In the room you're in now there is a cage with vines on it that you can open. Find a black banner and open it. Now you are in the underground part of the map. Kill all the imps that are around a central wooden island, then find a switch and flip it. It will open a cage, revealing more enemies. Find another switch inside the room the monsters came from, flip it and be prepared to kill more foes in a new room. In this room there is a wall that you can open; it will lead you to a passage way with some imps and a computer area map. At the end of the passage way, open another wall. Some stairs will rise up, allowing you to get out of the underground. Backtrack to the central pit and you'll see that the northern pillar has lowered, revealing the yellow skull key.
Get the blue keyEdit
Take the teleporter in the eastern pillar and find the yellow door. Open it and be prepared to a small ambush. Open the next door and you'll see a box of rockets. When you try to grab it, a very slow lift will start to lower, revealing two pits of lava. Grab a radiation suit and kill the spectres in the lava and find another lift. It will start to rise very slowly and it will take you to a room with some gunners. In this room there is a cage with vines on it from which some enemies will be able to see you. These enemies will teleport in the main hallway. You can easily get them opening a black banner in the room. Once you've killed them all, come back to the central slime pit and... you guessed it! Now you're able to get the blue skull key.
Exit the office buildingEdit
Once you've come back to the main corridor, find the blue door, open it and kill a couple of imps. Walk forward and you'll reveal a small dark area with a pair of more imps. As soon as a little pit rises up, a door in the room will open. In this final room of the office building be prepared to face a baron of hell and an ambush of gunners. The pillar where the baron of hell was will lower. It's a teleporter. But you have not finished with the map, you still have to see the huge outside area.
The outside areaEdit
The teleporter will take you in the middle of a green fortress. You're surrounded by imps that can shoot you from everywhere and you can't exit the fortress immediately. On the western side of it is a wall that you can open. Shoot the switch inside and a wall on the other side of the fortress will open. Shoot the switch inside this one and you're free to exit the fortress. Once you are outside, kill the chaingunners on the two green towers of the fortress, then slaughter everyone else. After this massacre is over, find a blood river in the northern part of the area. Follow it, it will lead you to a soulsphere. When you grab it a wall will lower, revealing the exit cube and the final handful of enemies. Now you can exit this map.
- In the office building, when you enter the balcony around the center slime pit, turn right, look at the south wall and open a section marked by a standing health bonus. Inside a lava room you can find a soul sphere or medikits.
- In the office building, when you get the yellow skull key on the northern lowered pillar in the slime pit, a new room becomes accessible in the western corridor. Find there a new corner marked by a picture on the wall and open it to get access to a room with a teleporter. The teleporter takes you to an L-shaped room with a ledge on western and southern sides. To get to the ledge sprint-jump from a top of the pyramid. Go through a fake wall on the eastern end of the ledge to get a BFG9000. The opposite corner of the ledge also contains some goodies behind a fake wall.
- There is a green fort in the middle of the outside area. Before going out from the building, open a wall on the right from the door to find a blue armor.
- The outside area is surrounded by the dark wall, of which one section is marked by blue torches. Lower this section, get an invulnerability sphere and you will find yourself on top of the nearby rock.
- In the office building, next to the room with the teleporter from Secret #2, there is a room with a square window seen from the eastern corridor. Inside you can find a megasphere. If you get the megasphere, you will be teleported to a room in the northern part of the office building, where you can find an invulnerability sphere (On Hurt Me Plenty or lower skill).
- Also in the office building, in the wooden room past the blue key door, there is a teleporter that takes you to the final outdoor area. Open the corner of wall to the right of this teleporter to get a box of rockets.
- It is possible to get a Visplane overflow error from the rock pillar the northeastern part of the outdoor area, looking to the southwest.
- There is an unreachable box of shotgun shells in the northwestern corner of the outdoor area, on the cliff wall.
On an interesting note, in the intermission screen before starting the level, the Administration Center is reported as something that looks "pretty damned familiar", though makes no further mention on how or why. Given that the intermission screen also mentions the Doomguy's hatred of the area, this is most likely signifying the game's transition into deeper reaches of Hell's domain.
Routes and tricksEdit
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||02:20||Chris "DevastatioN" Felix||2003-01-22||ev21-220.zip|
|NM speed||07:33||Xit Vono||2002-08-23||tn21-733.zip|
|UV max||13:48||Kai-Uwe Humpert||1997-03-21||ev211348.zip|
|UV -fast||20:26||Kai-Uwe Humpert||1997-01-27||tnt21-gm.zip|
|UV Tyson||51:37||Xit Vono||2002-11-01||et215137.zip|
|UV pacifist||03:04||Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore||2003-05-10||ep21-304.zip|