- This level occupies the map slot MAP24. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP24.
|Plutonia 2 maps 21-30|
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
The lift in the west of the hallway in the north of the northern red door can only be lowered from the bottom, so once you rode the lift up you need to go on. (On hard skill levels there is just a mancubus up here.) Ride antoher lift down to access the platform in the northeast of the nukage pool you saw when the map started.
As soon as you enter this platform, a wall (sector 474) in the northern part of the hallway surrounding the nukage pool will lower, blocking access to the northern part of the map including both soul spheres and all items you left there.
So better loot the northern part of the map before entering that lift.
- Go south from the map start to find another, smaller nukage pool. Drop down and grab the plasma gun in the western wall's alcove to register the secret. Open the back wall to find a partial invisibility and a teleporter that brings you back to the chaingun.
- In the room with the blue keycard is a column with blue lights that when pressed will open the wall in its front, in wich you will find a teleporter that leads to the pillar with the soul sphere in the patio.
The blue key door opens strangely. Instead of seeming as if it were opening like any other door you'd see in Doom, it appears to slide or scroll upward in an odd way. This is because that one side of the door was made as "upper unpegged" during the maps creation.
Upper unpegged would be the right choice to make when creating a map, where one would want a less boring way for a door to open.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of hell||3||5||5|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
Inspiration and development
- A possible name for this map during development was "Out of Our Sight".