Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This level occupies the map slot MAP27. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP27.
|Community Chest maps 21-30|
MAP27: Afterlife is the twenty-seventh map of Community Chest. It was designed by Sphagne, and was originally released standalone. It is the author's fourteenth level. It uses the music track "Sign of Evil" from Doom.
In the standalone version's storyline, the Doomguy is killed during an unspecified mission. After he is buried, he ends up in Hell Port 666, from which the damned are sent to the islands of Hell. His goal is to find his way to Heaven.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the eastern city, between the southern hallways inside of the central building, enter the western hall, and then jump to the southern pillar. Jump to the northern pillar, and then the northwest hallway. At the end of the hall is a suit of combat armor on a floor light. Step onto the light to trigger this secret. (sector 107)
- Enter the southeast hall in the same building, and repeat the process described for secret #1 to reach the northeast hallway. At the end of the hall is a soul sphere on a floor light; step onto it to obtain the secret. (sector 108)
- After entering the tunnel southwest of the city, you will find four alcoves. The rear wall of the southwest alcove is covered in grime. Open it to find two boxes of ammo and a backpack. (sector 136)
- After going through either of the red doors at the north of the map, approach the western door, and the pillar will lower behind you, holding a box of shells, a box of rockets, a shotgun, and a blur artifact. When this happens, take the eastern lift, and head east to find that a teleporter has lowered. Enter it to be warped to a hidden room containing a computer map. This actually consists of two sectors marked as secret, including the teleporter you land on. (sector 246) Step back onto the teleporter to return, or enter the northern passageway to exit into the central building of the city.
- See secret #4. (sector 247)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
There are currently no demos for this level at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive.
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Barons of hell||2||4||3|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Powerups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Blue skull key||1|
|Red skull key||1|
|Yellow skull key||1|