Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This level occupies the map slot E2M1. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E2M1.
Outpost 21 (OPOST21.WAD) is a single-level PWAD designed by Scott Amspoker. It was noted by Doomers of that time for its varied environments, its balanced light levels, and its careful matching of monster population to architecture.
The map was originally released May 10, 1994. It appeared on Maximum Doom as OPOST21.WAD (twice), OPOST212.WAD, and MAP04 of NEWLEV2.WAD.
- Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- (sector 45)
- (sector 221)
- (sector 257)
The blue key can be picked up without lowering the pedestal.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||1:41||Eugene Kapustin||2004-12-27||op21n141.zip|
|UV max||4:48||Sergey Kapustin||2004-12-25||op21-448.zip|
Outpost 21 contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
|Baron of hell||0||0||1|
|Computer area map||1||1||1|
|Box of bullets||4||4||4|
|4 shotgun shells||7||7||7|
|Box of shotgun shells||5||7||8|
|Box of rockets||3||3||3|
Inspiration and development
- The Maximum Doom Reference v1.0, by Funduke
- Outpost 21 demos at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive
- "-----> Best Levels List <-----", thread at rec.games.computer.doom.playing
- Review: OPOST21.WAD, by Frank Stajano
- "What are the *best* .WADs?", thread at alt.games.doom