PSP Legacy is a source port for the Sony PlayStation Portable created and maintained by kgsws. It was originally based on Doom Legacy 1.42 but has since had many bugs fixed and most Legacy features added.
An updated version was made by Duke, fixing many bugs and adding additional features, such as the ability to play music as MP3s.
Latest updated version from Sunray (PSP Legacy R4), fixing a lot of bugs:
- Fixed auto map rendering. Toggle with START button. You can zoom in by holding TRIANGLE and zoom out by holding SQUARE.
- DOOM 1 - E3M1 no longer has clipped geometry and sprites in the beginning (bug in GU hardware renderer).
- DOOM 2 - MAP01 no longer has invisible walls and flats (BSP precision issue).
- Stick input is now analog and not digital. Added sensitivity controllers for both X and Y.
- Increased the number of sound channels from 16 to 24.
- Optimized sound mixing code.
- Support OpenGL hardware rendering
- Support these Doom based engine games: DOOM, DOOM 2, Final DOOM, and Heretic
- Ad-hoc multiplayer (Unlimited players, but a lot of players=bigger ping)
- Ability to use up to 5 PWAD or DeHackEd files at one time
- Lack of ability to play music (MP3s work in latest release)
- Standby will most likely crash the game
- Some levels have rendering errors (holes in floors and walls), but these are also found in the PC version of DOOM Legacy and has nothing to do with this port.
|Source code genealogy|
|PSP Legacy|| Base for|