Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
SLADE is a modern, open-source map editor for Windows, Mac and Linux created and maintained by Simon Judd.
- SLADE 1 stopped at version 1.13, released on 2006-05-23.
- SLADE 2 reached beta on 2007-06-07, but was abandoned afterwards.
- SLADE 3 is currently (as of March 9, 2010) in development. It is a merging of SLADE and SLumpEd.
- All SLumpEd features and more
- Lump manipulation in WADs and ZIPs (STORE and DEFLATE only at the moment)
- Ability to open archives-within-archives
- Ability to open many other game archive formats (Duke Nukem 3D GRP files, Blood RFF files, Shadowcaster DAT and LIB files, Quake PAK files, etc.)
- Support for many graphic picture formats, including:
- All those from the Doom Alphas and Beta
- All ZDoom-specific formats (IMGZ, FON1, FON2)
- The planar format used by the Hexen startup screen
- PNG including the grAb and alPh chunks, and many other standard formats (BMP, JPG, etc.)
- The formats used by Shadowcaster, Quake, Heretic II, Duke Nukem 3D, and more
- Support for editing TEXTUREx lumps, including the Alpha and Strife variants
- Text editing of any lump
- Hex viewing of any lump
- A console
- Map preview supporting Doom and Hexen map formats, as well as UDMF and the Doom64 EX format.
Map editing is not in yet.
SLADE 1.13 or 2.00-beta have the following features:
- Support for Doom, Doom II, Heretic and Hexen games
- Support for Boom and ZDoom source port advanced features
- DECORATE parser
- Colour configurations
- 3D editing mode (including slopes and translucent textures)
- Uses wxWidgets for the user interface
- Easy line and rectangle drawing