Scattered Evil is an ongoing Hexen project, the 2nd part of the Korax Trilogy. This is opensource so anyone may contribute. The story takes place a few months after the end of the first one, introducing three new heroes, one of each order – of the three heroes of the first part, only the mage Daedalon survives. For every game, the player picks one of the three heroes. This sequel is a true cross-breed of a first person shooter and a role playing game. It includes dozens of locations which are connected through a travel map in the style of Realms of Arcania. The story takes place in a corner of the world that wasn't thoroughly destroyed by the forces of evil.
Main differences between Scattered Evil & Korax mod v3
- New maps, new storyline: this time you don't have to replay the old Hexen maps; there'll be a world with all-new maps for you to explore
- A journal with information about the world around you; a graphical system for spell-casting; an enhanced inventory
- NPCs and interaction; quests
- several different shops where you'll be able to buy / sell a wide variety of goods
- all-new monster animations and new enemy AI
- A lot of new 3D models like tables, chairs, trees, lanterns, rocks and more
hundreds of new textures and sprites, new musics
Scattered Evil beta 1 was released May 12th, 2012. Currently Korax v4 Vavoom port has reached beta 3 as of October 29th, 2011.