Strawberry Doom is a Doom source port forked from Chocolate Doom by GhostlyDeath. It aims to include the extended limitations of Doom plus, splitscreen, bots, and a few multiplayer features (possibly including capture the flag mode in the future); all while maintaining Vanilla Doom compatibility as much as possible (as well as multiplayer with Chocolate Doom servers/clients, in compatible games).
- Improved multiplayer spy mode (optional) which will change the automap, status bar and several other parameters to those of the player being spied on.
- In-game scoreboard (shows the currents scores of every player in the game. Also in cooperative mode and when playing back demos, player's life and armor are shown as bars).
- Doom plus limit increases (note, Chocolate Doom already removes the demo and savegame limits optionally).
- Bots, If you want to play with bots, you may add the -ingamebots n parameter, where n is a number from 1-3. Other command line options for bots is -botXskill n where X is the bot number (1-3) and skill is 1-5.
- Semi-Team play support, using -teamX n where X is 1-4 and n is a list of players ("-team1 13" will add Green and Indigo to team 1). All players should specify the same team settings.
- Ouch face display fixed.
- Picked up a medikit that you REALLY need! fixed.
- Fast doors make two closing sounds fixed.
- Fast doors reopening with wrong sound fixed.
|Source code genealogy|