Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TeamTNT is a group of mappers that created the TNT: Evilution episode of Final Doom, as well as several free level packs for Doom II, including Icarus: Alien Vanguard, Eternal Doom, and Daedalus. Most of TeamTNT has split up, though several members are still around: Cadman leads the "Community Chest Part Deux" project, for example. Ty Halderman was the leader of TeamTNT, designed various levels for TeamTNT's projects, and maintained the idgames archive. TeamTNT also created the Boom source port.
- Icarus: Alien Vanguard (single player megawad) (Doomworld/idgames)
- Final Doom (specifically TNT: Evilution) (single player IWAD)
- Bloodlands (deathmatch megawad) (Doomworld/idgames)
- Grievance (deathmatch megawad) (Doomworld/idgames)
- Eternal Doom (initially developed by Team Eternal, an independent team, later assimilated and expanded by TeamTNT) (single player megawad) (Doomworld/idgames)
TeamTNT were at the center of one of the largest controversies in Doom history. Evilution was developed with the expectation that it would be a free megawad, as was the standard practice at the time. When id bought it out as the basis of Final Doom (possibly the first instance of a third-party modification being bought out by the first-party publisher), many members of the Doom community at the time (principally based on Usenet) considered this to be in some way unacceptable. The practice of selling mods has since become entrenched and accepted in all gaming communities, but at the time the debate over whether this should be accepted was heated. TeamTNT were snubbed by a sizable minority of players for some years after the incident.