The Doom Game Editor is a 246-page book written by Joe Pantuso, published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., and released on May 29, 1995. The book was packaged with a CD-ROM containing the following editing programs for the original Doom (versions 1.2 and 1.666) and Doom II (version 1.666):
- DeHackEd (DOS, multipurpose WAD editing tool)
- DOOM Audio Editor (DMAUD) (Windows, audio editor)
- DOOM Graphic Editor (DMGRAPH) (Windows, graphic editor)
- MIDI2MUS (DOS, audio editor)
- New WAD Tool (NWT) (DOS, multipurpose WAD editing tool)
- Renegade Graphics Doom Editor Deluxe (Windows, level editor)
The included CD also contained over 1,000 WADs.