UV Tyson is a Compet-N speedrunning category and a Doom Honorific Title. The objective is to finish the level as quickly as possible in Ultra-Violence, killing every monster at least once, except lost souls, with the following restrictions: no weapons other than the fist, berserk fist, chainsaw, and pistol may be used. Picking up other weapons is permitted, but they may not be fired.
In levels with Type 11 Damaging floors, players are not required to kill the enemies inside the final room (since it is almost impossible to kill said enemies normally, much less during a Tyson run).
There exist collections of demos recorded with additional restrictions (on levels where they are possible), such as not becoming invulnerable, playing with fast monsters (also called "Grandmaster" or "GM Tyson" style), using only the fist and berserk fist, or using only the chainsaw. These distinctions are not recognized by Compet-N.
|MAP01: Congo||24:43||Xit Vono||2003-02-05||pt012443.zip|
|MAP02: Well of Souls||20:34||Xit Vono||2002-01-25||pt022034.zip|
|MAP03: Aztec||19:27||Xit Vono||2002-05-09||pt031927.zip|
|MAP04: Caged||04:42||Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore||2002-04-16||pt04-442.zip|
|MAP05: Ghost Town||45:37||Xit Vono||2004-12-18||pt054537.zip|
|MAP06: Baron's Lair||25:48||Xit Vono||2002-04-04||pt062548.zip|
|MAP11: Hunted||10:34||Xit Vono||2002-05-09||pt111034.zip||5|
|MAP13: The Crypt||3|
|MAP15: The Twilight||3|
|MAP16: The Omen||3|
|MAP18: Neurosphere||05:07||Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore||2002-05-11||pt18-507.zip|
|MAP20: The Death Domain||3|
|MAP22: Impossible Mission||3|
|MAP24: The Final Frontier||3|
|MAP25: The Temple of Darkness||3|
|MAP28: The Sewers||3|
|MAP29: Odyssey of Noises||3|
|MAP30: The Gateway of Hell||2|
|MAP31: Cyberden||37:22||Xit Vono||2003-03-23||pt313722.zip|
|MAP32: Go 2 It||3|
- A demo may qualify for inclusion in the Compet-N archive by tallying 63% kills due to the Type 11 Damaging floor.
- Although Compet-N maintains a UV Tyson competition for this level, its design prevents its completion using the above listed restrictions.
- Uncompleted as of the most recent Compet-N database update.
- Players are permitted to use the official patch file (see Yellow keycard bug for details) when recording demos for this level.
- A demo may qualify for inclusion in the Compet-N archive by tallying 77% kills due to the Type 11 Damaging floor.