Despite the surname, I am in no way related to the (far more illustrious) Doom community members The Green Herring or NiGHTMARE. After all, this is one of the most common surnames in English-speaking societies.
I have cleansed my page of discussion of the /July 2012 vandalism episode: follow the link to read it (not recommended, BTW).
--New discussion goes below this line --
Related Videos ModuleEdit
Hi, my name is Nic and I'm a member of the Wikia Content Development Team. As you may have seen on many wikis such as Call of Duty, there is a new module for the right hand column that displays related videos to the Wiki. This is a new feature that we want to place on your wiki, would you be cool with allowing this? - Wagnike2 (talk) 18:02, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
RE: VegaDark Edit
I saw your post in the admin forum about VegaDark and just wanted to let you know that this isn't the first time he's been a vandal himself.
He deleted a valid article on the Saints Row Wiki after it was vandalised, because he was too lazy to check the contents of the page from before it was vandalised. I would link you to his talk page where I confronted him, but it appears that he has erased the conversation to cover up his actions.
I think VegaDark is either too irresponsible or too incompetent to hold the position he does. -452 05:53, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Your action on the morning of 5 November (British time) Edit
Hello RobertATfm, as you are aware i'am the founder of "The World Of Cars Drive In" Wikia and i have not been on the Wikia for along time. The main reason was because i had a lot of things going on with my personal life. I was not aware my wikia was vandalized until a few days ago, that was why today i was planning to deleted any unneeded pages and fixed up each page with correct information. However when viewing the Characters page i found several had been deleted pages; exmaple Admiral Kittyhawk, C-Tuners Pitties and The Dispatcher.
I was very frustrated because it took me along time creating each and every page; i put a lot of dedication in this Wikia. I found a user, RodRedlineM1 deleted page these pages claiming it "Non-canon" and i had plan to block him up to 2 weeks. I was very surprised to find that i had been blocked a few hours later, i was also surprised that three people adopted the wikia and that someone actually cared about my "work".
If you unblock me i will apologize to RodRedlineM1. Originally i mistaken RodRedlineM1 as a "spammer", clearly he wasn't. However what i don't understand is that you would block me for a month without giving me a strike or having anytime to reply. Clearly you didn't think at first to give me a warning, i was not aware of the changes until now! I didn't "abuse my power" it was a misunderstanding. ☆Madbomberfan☆
TNT MAP31 issuesEdit
How are you, man? I have a small doubt concerning file Zandronum and TNT: Evilution: I play Doom via port Zandronum version 1.0 r-120819-2011 under Windows 7, and have all 4 "pillar" series wads (Doom, Doom2, Plutonia and TNT). Regarding the yellow key bug in MAP31: Pharaoh, I downloaded the pwad directly from TeamTNT website and now in my "wads" folder I have both the original and fixed files (under names "TNT" and "TNT31FIX" respectively). But everytime I run Zandronum, the TNT wad shown in the program's list is the unfixed (named "TNT")version, and I'd like to know how to force the program to run the fixed (named "TNT31FIX") version - I mean, by clicking directly on the Zandronum executable, not clicking on the wad file or dragging it into the Zandronum list. Is there any trick, parameter line or anything similar to end this problem?
- I'm not familiar with Zandronum, but with ZDoom what works is to drag and drop TNT31FIX.WAD onto the ZDoom icon, and then when ZDoom starts and gives the list of IWAD files it's found, select TNT.WAD as the one to use. Presumably something of the kind will work in Zandronum; the thing to remember is that TNT31FIX is just a PWAD, containing MAP31 only, so you still need TNT.WAD in order to run it. — RobertATfm (talk) 01:20, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Actually, this method of drag-and-drop also works with Zandronum! Your tip was good, but still didn't solve my problem... if I run Zandronum directly and choose "TNT" from the list, the program still runs the unfixed version of the wad, without applying the patch, even if I have both files in my folder. So, my question is: how to force Zandronum to "automatically" apply the pwad everytime I choose to play TNT without having to manually "pick up" and drop the pwad into the program list? Or even better, where can I learn to use any WAD editor myself to edit the file "TNT.wad" and correct the bad flag without ruining or corrupting the original file?
- Sorry that this reply is several months late, but it's just struck me...
- One thing that works (with ZDoom at least) is to create a shortcut and edit it (right-click it and select the last option, "Properties"), then at the end of the Target box add "-file <wad file name>", so in this example the full Target box would read "C:\Games\zdoom\zdoom.exe -file tnt31fix.wad" (this of course would vary according to where your source port and its files are located, and which port you're using; but ZDoom uses the -file command-line parameter, the same as the original programs, and this is probably true of other ports. Some ports also support adding "-iwad tnt.wad" to directly load TNT without having to go through the selection screen). — RobertATfm (talk) 01:25, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
This was not opinion-based. Please look at http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_level for more information. Edit
This has happened to me before with the opinion-based misunderstanding when it was not opinion-based, please look at http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_level for more information. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 00:52, February 25, 2013 (UTC).
- As the most recent edit to the linked page was 18 months ago, and I for one have never edited or taken any other action regarding the page in question, I have no idea what this anonymous poster is on about. I can only wonder whether he has any such idea. — RobertATfm (talk) 21:47, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Your editsEdit
I apologize. I will focus on making constructive wiki-content related edits in the future. — Kryptops
That is the best possible immage I can get of the banishment device, since my computer version isn't working. I just got figgured a crappy picture would be better than no picture at all. Besides it looks fine on my laptop. Eventually i will be getting around to getting other three missing images I can get being the Boots of Speed, the Porkalator, and the Mystic Ambit Incant. I will try to get the best possible picture but there is only so much i can do until i can get my computer version working again, unles ofcourse somebody else gets to them before I do.
when i get back up to the other three items that i am able to get pictures of, i can see what i can do about trying to clean up the picture a bit for better quality.
Simpsons Doom Edit
I'm afraid that I do not have a link to the other version of Simpsons Doom, I just vividly remember playing it many years ago, alongside an Aliens reskinning of Doom II. I didn't actually know there were any versions that *didn't* have non-Simpsons characters in the secret levels before I saw that list. I also remember that this version either didn't change the level textures or we implemented that part incorrectly. :B
I've been trying to find evidence of its existence since I found that page this afternoon, but so far I'm not having any luck. I remember a lot of the lines mentioned in the quotes as showing up in the version I played, so it might have been a modification or earlier/later version of the same mod. Part of the problem is that whatever I played, it was also just called "Simpsons Doom", so differentiating them in searches is tricky. I'll keep looking and see what I can come up with. Captain J (talk) 06:57, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
A question about adding WAD infos.Edit
I was just wondering... I am making a WAD now. Could I make an article with WAD info and names of the levels, though it isn't downloadable/out yet? Or should I wait for it to be downloadable/out and then make an article?
- Our policy is that we don't allow articles on works-in-progress; but once your WAD is available to the public, go ahead and make an article. — RobertATfm (talk) 16:39, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
- The wad must also be notable, so no you cannot create an article on your wad. It's just against our policies to allow articles on just released wads that were just released by non famous authors. Besides I don't want to waste my time nominating the article for deletion anyways. Justice ∞ (talk) 06:16, March 3, 2014 (UTC)