Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Games||Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife|
|Platforms||Linux, Windows; 32/64|
|Developers||Jānis Legzdiņš, Firebrand|
- Polygonal engine with colored lighting, OpenGL and Direct3D support, and support for resolutions up to 1600x1200. (The software renderer was removed in v1.33.)
- Support for all Doom engine games: the various versions of Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife.
- Support for all of Hexen's editing features (such as ACS, hubs, and new map formats).
- Removal of most vanilla Doom limits (including the visplane overflow).
- Translucency (regular and additive).
- Complete support for free look (look up & down) in all games.
- VavoomC, a powerful scripting language.
- DECORATE support for compatibility with ZDoom.
- 100% client/server networking architecture featuring in-game joining.
- Quake-style console, with key bindings.
- Ability to play audio CD tracks.
- Ability to use TiMidity as a music source for MIDI and MUS.
- Walking over/under monsters and other things.
- Runs under DOS, Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, and Linux.
- Support for sloped floors and ceilings.
- Support for colored lightning.
- Support for 3D floors.
- Support for 3D models in MD2 format.
- Support for PNG, JPG and TGA format images.
- Support for reflecive floors.
- Dynamic and static lights which cast shadows.
- Greatly enhanced texture definition lump allowing scaled textures (for high-resolution), as well as compositing multipatch texture using independent rotation, mirroring, alpha transparency level and either translations or color blending for each patch.
- Support for high-resolution texture replacements.
- Many camera effects, including Duke Nukem 3D-style security camera or Unreal-style skyboxes. Cameras can even replace the player view, allowing for scripted cutscenes or alternative gameplay.
- Support for using features of every supported game in all of them -- for example, a Doom map can feature Strife conversations, Hexen scripting and actors that use Heretic codepointers.
- More music and sound formats: MOD, XM, IT, S3M, MIDI, OGG Vorbis, FLAC and MP3, as well as MUS.
- Support for Boom extended line specials.
- Support for UDMF format maps.
- Support for hosting a master server for Internet games.
- Support for friendly monsters and loading DeHackEd patches directly.
- Vavoom homepage
- Vavoom forums
- Vavoom Wiki
- Subversion repository (trunk checkout) at SourceForge
- Compiled SVN builds for Windows at DRD Team
|Source code genealogy|
Linux Doom v1.10